Wednesday 3 November 2010

Photographing Google's annual sales conference



Bob Geldorf at the Google EMEA Sales Conference 2010

I was excited to be asked to be the official photographer at Google's 2010 EMEA Sales Conference in Dublin in October. I had taken some great shots at the 2009 event which had been circulated widely around the company & I guess the event organisers saw an opportunity to make a few savings from not having to hiran external photographer.

Low light is always the biggest issue to tackle when photographing events like these but fortunately my Nikon D3 with f2.8 lenses have proved superb in 2009 and this year their low light capabilities meant I could get some decent shutter speeds whilst shooting at ISO 2000 and not having to worry about excess noise when I process the resulting shots. I used my wonderful Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 lens for the bulk of shots within the conference auditorium then swapped to my 28-70mm f2.8 for the breakout sessions and evening party, where I was able to get closer to the stages without interrupting the audience's view.

The surprise speaker this year was Sir Bob Gelforf who was presented his own Google Doodle as a thank you & very unique birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment